Saturday, July 18, 2009

KL on College

Okay so KL strikes again! This is our discussion on schools. Beware this one is a tad bit lengthier. By the way when I talk to her my grammar takes a critical hit (wow that was nerdy).

Me - I just took an exam and I totally got a 80% and I haven't even read like half of it.
KL - Online?
Me - mhm online.
KL - I have to start online school soon to get my diploma. haha
Me - It's sometimes harder than in person school because you can't be like "HEY WAIT WHAT". I need a conclusion for my paper. tralala
KL - But you can email them if you need help.
Me - Yeah of course *nods* but you can't just stop them in the middle of class. ya know?
KL - I never did that anyways, I was too shy.
Me - Me too :/ haha. Well except in classes I knew the teachers very well.
KL - Me too hehe but I don't feel comfortable around most teachers, just the fun ones.
Me - Dittos fo sho sho
KL - [finishing previous thought process] that I know wont bite my head off for speaking up. I didn't really learn much from my High School. (No I don't know where she went)
Me - That says about 50/50 though, if you REALLY want to learn you will. At the same time some schools don't help their students enough.
KL - I don't really think people get anything out of copying definitions and footnotes :/ .
Me - Like I said it depends on how badly you want to learn. It's a lot harder to learn that way but if you REALLY want to learn you'll also read all the information and maybe even read outside sources, etc.
KL - I think they should find a better way to teach, relate the things to things we know so they stay with us.
Me - *shrugs* I think that's something the student should have to do especially in High School, because once you're in college it's "fuck you" xD.
KL - Well that's shitty especially if you pay for that shit. They should be better teachers.
Me - No it's only shitty if you waste your money.
KL - I don't think it should be that way. :/ That's why I'm scared to go to college.
Me - Just so you know if you go to Germany they are a lot stricter than some of our colleges when it comes to things you already should know, etc. (I realize not all German colleges are this way and yes I realize some US schools are VERY strict)
KL - I have such a temper, I'd be like "WTF!? YOU PRICK!"
Me - Probably not the best approach to College.
KL - grrrasdfghjkl That's SO fucked.
Me - Maybe in person college isn't your thing? Well it's not ALL ABOUT YOU it's about everyone and if they have to kneel down to you it's like wasting everyone else's time and money.
KL - Meeh
Me - I mean there are office hours you can go talk to you professor.
KL - Well they could kneel down to everyone!
Me - No see in college you kneel to yourself. You study, you make study groups. It's not the professors time to hold your hand and force feed you info, it's not their job.
KL - Study groups??? (this honestly shocked me that she had no idea what I meant)
Me - Yes. Like a group of people who study together.
KL - Sheeesssh I hate people.
Me - Okay, then you study alone xD.

This is when the conversation is turned to a "how people act" in person dealio. But I hope to raise more important topics from KL and see what she thinks. I don't mean to dis her but it shows what some people think about colleges and other ideas. Like yesterday's on blogging. Also JE might make more appearances at a later time but those would be much more serious convos are just plain silly ones. Also please don't ask for names, I will NOT give out any names beyond my own. I will tell you that KL is from Florida and JE is from Michigan. From time to time I might give an update on how the person is doing or how our friendship is going but beyond that really you wont be getting much.... unless you pay attention ;)


No comments: